This week I am joined on the podcast by Dr Katrina Calvert a senior trainee in Obstetrics and Gynaecology here in WA. Katrina has a long career spanning both sides of the globe in medical education and has a real passion for the use of simulation in O&G. We discuss all things simulation:
- what makes good simulation?
- do you need expensive hi-fidelity equipment?
- what does the future hold?
- what are the barriers to the use of simulation and how can we overcome them?
- we also share some interesting anecdotes of participants who have perhaps become a little “too immersed” in their particular scenario!
Thanks Katrina for a very enlightening discussion – we look forward to getting you back on the podcast soon!
Links To Courses in Australia
Maternity Emergency Management: Simulation day for obs emergencies
NOVICE – basic skills in O&G for RMO’s PHO’s
For those interested in developing their sim educator skills, most sim centres offer a basic course, as we do. For those with some skills already, we also regularly host the Harvard team for the “simulation as a teaching tool”, and “advanced debriefing” courses.