Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:18 — 25.0MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS | More
Join Matt and I as we discuss some of the issues we have been grappling with in our planning for how to manage obstetric patients suspected of or known to have COVID-19.
- Is pregnancy a risk factor for worse disease severity?
- What is the appropriate PPE for women in active labour?
- Is active labour an aerosol generating procedure?
- What about the use of inhaled (and therefore exhaled) nitrous oxide in these women?
- What about the need for emergency or urgent procedures such as caesarean sections or post partum haemorrhage – how do we get them safely around the hospital?